Volunteer Appreciation Brunch & Awards 2023
RIFA hosted its annual Volunteer Appreciation Event, presented by Cadence Bank, at Baker Bros. BBQ, Tuesday, April 18th. The annual event is hosted to thank RIFA’s volunteers and recognize them for their dedication to the organization.
“This event gives RIFA staff to an opportunity to say thank you and celebrate our volunteers and their hard work,” said Lisa Tillman, Executive Director of RIFA. “Last year, our volunteers provided over 20,000 hours of work. We are grateful for their service to the Jackson community and their dedication to RIFA’s mission.”
In 2022, RIFA volunteers logged 20,428 hours of service to the organization. These service hours were through many of RIFA’s ministries including the Snack Backpack program, Soup Kitchen, RIFA Thrift Store, Senior Staples, Bus Stop Cafe, Food Bank, and much more.
A highlight of the event was recognizing some of the most dedicated volunteers of RIFA over the past year. This year, a new award was given. RIFA Rockstars recognizes individuals who go above and beyond in their service to RIFA.
The 2023 Volunteer Award Winners were announced at the event as follows:
- RIFA Rockstars – T.J. Swain, Glen Vanderford, and Ola Graham
- Snack Backpack Award – Elvis Kelley and Pam Moore
- Pickup Driver Award – Ed Martin
- Warehouse Award – Dana Mensi and Marti Mensi
- Board Member of the Year – Derick Tisdale
- Senior Staples Award – Charles Williams and Linda Williams
- Special Projects Award – Danny Crossett
- Thrift Store Award – Becky White
- Team Impact Award – Hometowne Capital
- Driving Force Award – Shelley Pope and Jan Baker
- Rev. Don Daniels Servant’s Heart Award (Soup Kitchen Award) – Steve Proctor and Darold Halliburton
- David Hallock Award (Volunteer of the Year) – Rebecca Young
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Richard Barlow (presented in memoriam)
Thank you, again, to our incredible volunteers – we wouldn’t be able to fight hunger in our community without you!
Special thanks to our presenting sponsor, Cadence Bank, for making this event possible.
Thank you to our in-kind sponsors, Allegra Print, Baker Bros. BBQ, Madison County Master Gardeners, and Two Sisters Bakery. Thanks to Mayor Scott Conger for joining us to celebrate our volunteers!
To read more about our volunteer award winners, click here.
Annual RIFA event shows appreciation to volunteers by Sierra Person at WBBJ.
-RIFA-Back to News