Volunteer Appreciation 2019
We love our volunteers! Without them, the RIFA mission would not be carried out. Volunteers truly are the hands and feet of Christ. In 2018, 17,940 hours were donated by volunteers!
These dedicated servants were awarded for their efforts at RIFA’s 2019 Volunteer Appreciation.
- Warehouse Award – Josh Bauer
- Snack Backpack Award – students from the work based learning class at Liberty High School
- Pick Up Driver Award – Mike & Joyce Dunlap
- Thrift Store Award – Kathy Reeves
- Board Member Award – Cindy Daly
- Special Projects Award – Valarie Lawane
- Rev. Don Daniels Servant’s Heart Award (Soup Kitchen) – Dr. Larry Standridge
- David Hallock Volunteer of the Year Award – Bennie Denton
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Jan Baker
The students from the work based learning class at Liberty High School are most deserving as they are a huge asset to RIFA. They were awarded the Snack Backpack award. These students come five days a week to help stock the Snack Backpack shelves, help in the warehouse and serve in the Soup Kitchen. The work based learning program is an amazing opportunity for students to learn how to have a job. Students are currently participating in several businesses in Jackson such as the Doubletree, holiday Inn Express and RIFA.
Jan Baker has been a faithful Soup Kitchen volunteer for 14 years. She has served as the Thursday night coordinator where the churches and patrons adore her. She was awarded the Lifetime Achievement award for her dedicated service.
Thank you to BancorpSouth and BlueCross BlueShield Community Trust for sponsoring the event!Back to News